Indonesia Deploys 744 Soldiers for Lebanon Peacekeeping Mission

English Edition22 Dilihat

Jakarta, indomaritim.com – Commander of the Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) General Agus Subiyanto officially dispatched 744 soldiers of the Garuda Contingent Task Force to join the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL).

According to Antara News Agendy, the send-off ceremony was held at TNI Headquarters in Cilangkap, East Jakarta, on Thursday (May 21), according to an Air Force press release cited here on Friday.

Subiyanto emphasized that Indonesia’s participation in UN-mandated peacekeeping missions reflects the international community’s confidence in the professionalism of TNI personnel.

He therefore called on all Garuda Contingent personnel to uphold Indonesia’s reputation by performing UNIFIL duties in accordance with standard operating procedures.

The TNI commander also reminded soldiers of the importance of prioritizing their safety by adhering to all guidelines and requirements throughout the mission.

“Level up your vigilance regarding developments in the situation while maintaining morale and health,” he told the contingent, as quoted from the press release.

The general expressed hope that his remarks would boost morale, motivating the 744 Indonesian peacekeepers to carry out the Lebanon mission to the best of their ability.

The contingent comprises 571 Army (TNI AD) personnel, 79 Navy (TNI AL) members, 63 Air Force (TNI AU) troops, and 31 staff members from TNI Headquarters, tasked with UNIFIL operations for one year, replacing the previous batch of peacekeepers.

Indonesia’s latest deployment reaffirmed its commitment to peacekeeping efforts in Lebanon amid heightened security concerns following the deaths of four TNI soldiers in Israeli attacks earlier this year.

The Coordinating Ministry for Political and Security Affairs previously assured the public that the government remains open to the possibility of an early withdrawal should conditions deteriorate in Lebanon.

“If the UNIFIL mandate is no longer capable of providing protection for peacekeeping personnel, we will then consider an early withdrawal,” ministry spokesperson Brigadier General Honi Havana said on May 12. (RR)

PERINGATAN!
Dilarang mengambil dan/atau menayangkan ulang sebagian atau keseluruhan artikel/gambar/video/infografis tanpa izin tertulis dari redaksi indomaritim.com.

Komentar